All - Activity - tonyr - DeepTalk - Deep Learning Community

Ubuntu 22.04 support timeline

Jun 13, 2022

Thanks a lot for posting this, I’ve just done the same and found the same. I was forced to upgrade, import torchvision started throwing some C++11 incompatibilities. Luckily the upgrade was very smooth, (bar X11 permission denied messages obscuring the option choices). I’m still left with a dud…

Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS, lambdastack but no nvidia GPU

Jan 17, 2019

Yes, thanks, that did it for me (on a machine without a NVIDIA GPU). However, I haven’t rebooted, it may be that the problem occurs on every reboot. If at all possible I like all my nodes to have the same software, that way I can compile for GPUs even if I can’t run on that node (all nodes are s…

Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS, lambdastack but no nvidia GPU

Dec 21, 2018

See Ubuntu 18.04 systemd-udevd uses high CPU, conflict with nvidia graphics - Ask Ubuntu specifically the zero voted sudo systemctl stop / start worked for me. Editing /lib/udev/rules.d/71-nvidia.rules is probably better.

Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS, lambdastack but no nvidia GPU

Dec 21, 2018

Hello World! I have a collection of servers, most of which have GPUs but some have simple graphics cards which aren’t from nvidia. Until I upgraded this week all was fine, my ansible installed the full lambdastack headless. After upgrade+reboot, those without GPUs spend a lot of time in modprobe/sy…